What is Psyllium Husk?
Psyllium husk is a natural fibre which helps keep us fuller for longer. It’s widely used for its bulk-forming effects in the bowel, making the stool softer and easier to pass.
Psyllium husk is a low carbohydrate source, making it perfect to incorporate into a low fat or ketogenic diet.
How to Make Psyllium Husk Pancakes
This simple recipe takes just 10-15 mins to make, and is perfect for breakfast with fresh blueberries!
4 tbsp cottage cheese
1 tbsp Organic Psyllium Husk
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
3 drops stevia (optional, for sweetness)
1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Add everything, apart from the coconut oil, to a blender.
2. Blend until the mixture is smooth and allow to rest and thicken for at least 5 minutes.
3. Gently heat coconut oil in a large, non-stick saucepan.
4. Carefully add mixture, spaced apart to create small pancakes. Don’t make the pancakes too big, or they will be hard to flip.
5. Cook on each side for 3-4 minutes, until lightly browned.65. Serve with your favourite healthy toppings! We’ve used almond yoghurt with blueberries.
Did you try making this recipe? What did you think? We’d love to hear your thoughts!